RV Trailer Weighing
Drive the tow vehicle and trailer or fifth wheel onto the scale with all passengers, supplies and
equipment as for a typical trip. Take a weight reading as each axle or axle group comes onto the scale.
- The first reading will be the load on the tow vehicle front axle.
- The second reading is the total tow vehicle weight including the trailer tongue weight.
- Subtract the first reading from the second - this gives you the loading on the tow vehicle rear
- Drive both the tow vehicle and the trailer onto the scales. This reading is the total combined
- Subtract the second scale reading from this combined weight - this is the weight carried by the